Here is a list of some resources that are useful for getting started or growing your understanding of Agile:
- (PDF) Scrum in 5 Minutes is a quick digest of Scrum for sharing with others.
- (Video) Scrum in Under 10 Minutes for those preferring visual stimulation.
- (PDF) Six pages about Scrum is a more detailed reference.
- Introduction to Scrum by Mike Cohn.
- This poster captures the essence of Agile software development. I have it on my wall.
- Scrum glossary of terms
- Agile Manifesto is where it all started.
- Play planning poker online, or order some cards
- Scrum tools for teams. Before you go digital, try task board on a wall.
- Agile Alliance (I’m a member) and Scrum Alliance (my member profile)
- Scrum discussion list is a great place to ask questions and get answers from prominent people in the Agile community. I’m subscribed.
- Agile Estimating and Planning by Mike Cohn
- User Stories Applied: For Agile Software Development by Mike Cohn
- Agile Retrospectives: Making Good Teams Great by Esther Derby, Diana Larsen, Ken Schwaber
- Implementing Lean Software Development: From Concept to Cash by Mary Poppendieck, Tom Poppendieck
- Fearless Change: Patterns for Introducing New Ideas
- Innovation Games: Creating Breakthrough Products Through Collaborative Play by Luke Hohmann
- Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code
- Agile Testing: A Practical Guide for Testers and Agile Teams
- Working Effectively with Legacy Code
- Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship